Presented by: Voice of the People. Spectrasonic, punkottawa.com, Beau's All Natural
Doors: 9pm / Show at 10pm / ALL AGES
Cover: $15 advance + service charges
THE INTERRUPTERS (Los Angeles ska-punk, Hellcat/Epitaph recs)
BAD COP BAD COP (Los Angeles PUNK, Fat Wreck Chords)
4-Piece, All Female, Kick you in the FACE, Punk Rock Band! If you haven't heard of BAD COP/ BAD COP yet, do yourself a favor and grab: Not Sorry. Their debut full-length arrived on FAT in 2015 and brazenly blasts out some of the most vibrant pop-punk around today. Laden with catchy hooks, three part harmonies that'd make The Beach Boys jealous, and tons of attitude, all 13 tracks showcase BAD COP/BAD COP's uncanny ability to blend aggressive instrumentation with polished vocals. Then, catch them live at the legendary FEST where they'll be kicking out some new tunes as they gear up to record their next full-length; due out in 2017!
THE SENTRIES (Ott Ska / Reggae / Rocksteady / Dub)
The Sentries are pretty much the unofficial TARG Ska house band. They have entertained fans of the genre many times over for the monthly Voice Of The People Ska Nite at TARG over the years. Ottawa's own Ska/Rocksteady 7, these boys bring a mix of original scorchers and reimaginings of classic Jamaican hits. For fans of The Skatalites, Ken Boothe and The Slackers.
PLUS the Voice Of The People DJs (spinning before/between/after bands)
Resident DJs Christian LONGSHOT and Alex MAGNIFICENT playing nothing but the best in Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae all spun live on vintage 45s. Expect classics such as Toots and the Maytals, Derrick Morgan, Prince Buster, and much much more!
Available at Vertigo Records and www.spectrasonic.com/event/1284361
ABOUT ALL AGES SHOWS AT HOUSE OF TARG
Help us to put on more all ages shows by showing respect for the house & your fellow live music fans.
1) if you are under 19 your hands will be “X’d”. No alcohol will be served to you at the bar.
2) No in/out privileges for minors. Once you are in you are in & once you go outside you are gone.
2) any signs of intoxication & you will be denied entrance or will be asked to leave. Ticket or no ticket - NO REFUNDS - Zero Tolerance.
3) Smuggling outside alcohol is grounds for immediate expulsion (you get kicked out) - NO REFUNDS - Zero Tolerance.
4) all unattended alcohol will be immediately bussed - NO REFUNDS. It is your responsibility to keep an eye on your drink. Use the drink holders on the machines or use “Park a Pint” at the front desk where Security Wizards can keep an eye on it for you
5) make sure your good time doesn’t interfere with someone else’s. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable please alert a wizard or security person (if possible) so that we can take care of the situation immediately.
6) Respect the House, Respect the machines, Respect each other.